Re: Help with suppressing display of certain characters.

  • itabtabai
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 13, 2008
      Hi Ken,

      I've uploaded screenshots of the display with different fonts on both
      MacVim and gvim.

      http://rapidshare.com/files/122137390/Archive.tbz.html

      All fonts are displayed at size 20. My comments on the screenshots:
      gvim-bitsreamB.png: Crisp, nice, spread, and easy on the eyes.
      macvim-dejavuB.png: The more diacritics (harakaat) I put the more the
      line number is pushed off screen and the letters start having gaps.
      macvim-dejavuB2.png: Only just starting to type.
      macvim-dejavuB3.png: Only one letter and it's ""haraka" and the line
      number is already pushed.

      Tony,
      The rest for you:
      gvim-courierNR.png: Not bad. But you note the gaps due to "harakaat".
      gvim-courierNB.png: Nice, crisp, but not as easy on the eyes as
      bitstream/dejavu. Bitstream/dejavu spreading/cursivness is very neat.
      gvim-courier10B.png: Gaps are very clear.

      So, my conclusion from all the above is that the defect of display is
      not only MacVim specific. It also relates to the fonts used in a less
      intrusive manner. While some fonts do produce gaps as worst case
      scenario on gvim, almost all fonts don't work properly with diacritics/
      harakaat on MacVim. Also the fact that none monospaced fonts don't
      display properly in MacVim nor gvim.