Re: Unicode conversion bug?

  • T.P.S.Nakagawa
    Message 1 of 25 , May 7, 2008
      Thanks all.

      > If your 'fileencodings' starts with "ucs-bom", Vim ought to detect
      > correctly any Unicode encoding when there is a BOM without interfering
      > with the detection of other encodings, unless they may start with one or
      > more of the following codes and contain not a single invalid byte (or
      > invalid sequence of bytes) for the corresponding Unicode encoding (I
      > know that many combinations of bytes higher than 0x7F are invalid in
      > UTF-8; I'm less sure about the other):

      Oh!? Did I forget write?
      After libiconv version up to 1.11 , Vim detect all time correct charset.
      ( If I confidence "set fileencoding?" )

      And, if I wrote in _vimrc "set fileencodings=" ( set null string ),
      or started by ucs-bomb,
      or overwrite by "set fileencodings=ucs-bomb" ( that's default of Win32),
      at all case gvim try diaplay by UTF-8.

      Is it only Windows Japanese version's ?
      By latin-1 charset, if you wrote (c) _copyright by one character_ or accent + e
      by notepad and save by UTF-8, gvim display as you want?

      Best regard, by yaemon

      --
      NAKAGAWA Tsuneo (a.k.a. yaemon ) mailto:yaemon@...
      Web site ( Japanese ony ) http://www.kikansha.jp/~yaemon/