Re: multibyte charaters can not be displayed in silent ex mode

  • sola
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17, 2008
      > Perhaps it's something in your vimrc that matters. Try using "-u NONE"
      > to both commands.
      >
      > Setting 'fileencoding' before loading a file has no effect. Try setting
      > 'fileencodings'.

      I tried with different termencoding,it has no effect on the output at
      all.
      I tried with different encoding,it only works when encoding is same as
      the codepage in using or ucs-2le

      vim --noplugin -es -u NONE +"set enc=cp950" +"set tenc=cp950" +"set
      fencs=ucs-2le" kk.txt +print +q!
      vim --noplugin -es -u NONE +"set enc=ucs2-le" +"set tenc=cp950"
      +"set fencs=ucs-2le" kk.txt +print +q!
      These works,

      vim --noplugin -es -u NONE +"set enc=utf-8" +"set tenc=cp950" +"set
      fencs=ucs-2le" +kk.txt +print +q!
      but not this.

      That means termencoding has no effect in silent ex mode?
    • sola
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17, 2008
        > vim --noplugin -es -u NONE +"set enc=ucs2-le" +"set tenc=cp950" kk.txt +print +q!

        typo error:
        It should be "ucs-2le" but not "ucs2-le"
        so this dont work too.