Re: where is .vimrc on mac?

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2008
      > hi, i'm new to vim.

      Welcome :-)

      > does anyone know where .vimrc file could be beside its default
      > location ~/

      Vim looks for ~/.vimrc and ~/_vimrc. I recommend the latter, because
      files whose names start with '.' are not displayed in the Finder.

      > I could only find .viminfo there.
      > I tried Google. didn't help.

      Probably you simply don't have a _vimrc yet. You have to create it
      yourself.

      Bye,
      Nico

      ps: Mac-specific questions are best asked on vim_mac@...

    • koadr
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2008
        Thanks for the reply, Nico. I think i'll create it myself.
        :D