where is .vimrc on mac?

  • koadr
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2008
      hi, i'm new to vim.
      does anyone know where .vimrc file could be beside its default
      location ~/
      I'm on OS X 10.5.2.
      I could only find .viminfo there.
      I tried Google. didn't help.

      cheers!
    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2008
        > hi, i'm new to vim.

        Welcome :-)

        > does anyone know where .vimrc file could be beside its default
        > location ~/

        Vim looks for ~/.vimrc and ~/_vimrc. I recommend the latter, because
        files whose names start with '.' are not displayed in the Finder.

        > I could only find .viminfo there.
        > I tried Google. didn't help.

        Probably you simply don't have a _vimrc yet. You have to create it
        yourself.

        Bye,
        Nico

        ps: Mac-specific questions are best asked on vim_mac@...

      • koadr
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2008
          Thanks for the reply, Nico. I think i'll create it myself.
          :D