Re: VIM and Leopard

    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
      theno23 wrote:
      > On Oct 30, 9:27 pm, Krzysztof Maj <mkrz...@...> wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >> anybody using latest VIM on Leopard? Any issues or everything works
      >> okay, I mean compilation process and so on?
      >
      > I'm having problems,
      >
      > I use the vi:set in comments thing, eg:
      >
      > /* vi:set expandtab sts=4 sw=4: */
      >
      > and that seems to have stopped working.
      >
      > I've got a pretty extensively hacked ~/.vimrc file, so that may be at
      > fault. I've looked around on the web a fair bit, but I've not yet seen
      > a solution, or even an option that might have turned it off.
      >
      > - Steve

      Here's how to check it: Make the file with that line active, then type

      :verbose set modeline? modelines? expandtab? sts? sw?

      Vim should tell you the current values and where they were set.

      See
      :help modeline
      :help 'modeline'
      :help 'modelines'

      "Jesus saves...but Gretzky gets the rebound!"
      -- Daniel Hinojosa