Re: VIM and Leopard

  • theno23
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
      On Oct 30, 9:27 pm, Krzysztof Maj <mkrz...@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > anybody using latest VIM on Leopard? Any issues or everything works
      > okay, I mean compilation process and so on?

      I'm having problems,

      I use the vi:set in comments thing, eg:

      /* vi:set expandtab sts=4 sw=4: */

      and that seems to have stopped working.

      I've got a pretty extensively hacked ~/.vimrc file, so that may be at
      fault. I've looked around on the web a fair bit, but I've not yet seen
      a solution, or even an option that might have turned it off.

      - Steve

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
        theno23 wrote:
        > On Oct 30, 9:27 pm, Krzysztof Maj <mkrz...@...> wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >> anybody using latest VIM on Leopard? Any issues or everything works
        >> okay, I mean compilation process and so on?
        >
        > I'm having problems,
        >
        > I use the vi:set in comments thing, eg:
        >
        > /* vi:set expandtab sts=4 sw=4: */
        >
        > and that seems to have stopped working.
        >
        > I've got a pretty extensively hacked ~/.vimrc file, so that may be at
        > fault. I've looked around on the web a fair bit, but I've not yet seen
        > a solution, or even an option that might have turned it off.
        >
        > - Steve

        Here's how to check it: Make the file with that line active, then type

        :verbose set modeline? modelines? expandtab? sts? sw?

        Vim should tell you the current values and where they were set.

        See
        :help modeline
        :help 'modeline'
        :help 'modelines'

        "Jesus saves...but Gretzky gets the rebound!"
        -- Daniel Hinojosa