Re: VIM and Leopard

  • David Morel
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2007
      Le 31 oct. 07 à 22:35, Nico Weber a écrit :

      >> Compilation!
      >
      > If you just want to use Vim on the mac, take a look at MacVim
      > ( http://code.google.com/p/macvim/ ). It's better integrated etc etc.
      > I believe the latest binary snapshot already kinda works with Leopard.

      Both macvim and vim-cocoa work with Leopard, still I met issues
      especially regarding key mappings etc.
      For me, the best version is still the Carbon one, and this one is
      especially handy:
      http://slashpunt.org/vim/index.php?n=Main.Download

      > Sorry for the off-topic post for you non-mac guys :-|

      Same. How do you move a whole thread from one ml to another ?
      Only kidding...

      David Morel

    • theno23
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
        On Oct 30, 9:27 pm, Krzysztof Maj <mkrz...@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > anybody using latest VIM on Leopard? Any issues or everything works
        > okay, I mean compilation process and so on?

        I'm having problems,

        I use the vi:set in comments thing, eg:

        /* vi:set expandtab sts=4 sw=4: */

        and that seems to have stopped working.

        I've got a pretty extensively hacked ~/.vimrc file, so that may be at
        fault. I've looked around on the web a fair bit, but I've not yet seen
        a solution, or even an option that might have turned it off.

        - Steve

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
          theno23 wrote:
          > On Oct 30, 9:27 pm, Krzysztof Maj <mkrz...@...> wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >> anybody using latest VIM on Leopard? Any issues or everything works
          >> okay, I mean compilation process and so on?
          >
          > I'm having problems,
          >
          > I use the vi:set in comments thing, eg:
          >
          > /* vi:set expandtab sts=4 sw=4: */
          >
          > and that seems to have stopped working.
          >
          > I've got a pretty extensively hacked ~/.vimrc file, so that may be at
          > fault. I've looked around on the web a fair bit, but I've not yet seen
          > a solution, or even an option that might have turned it off.
          >
          > - Steve

          Here's how to check it: Make the file with that line active, then type

          :verbose set modeline? modelines? expandtab? sts? sw?

          Vim should tell you the current values and where they were set.

          See
          :help modeline
          :help 'modeline'
          :help 'modelines'

          "Jesus saves...but Gretzky gets the rebound!"
          -- Daniel Hinojosa