Re: atsui

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2007
      Jjgod Jiang wrote:

      > 2007/9/16, Noah Levitt <nlevitt@...>:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > Using mac os x carbon vim, I experience the same buggy behavior
      > > described here: http://bike-nomad.com/vim/macatsuibug.html
      > >
      > > Basically, with macatsui set, unicode characters work properly, but
      > > antialiasing doesn't work and it looks ugly. With macatsui unset,
      > > antialiasing works, but unicode characters don't.
      > >
      > > The patch at http://wiki.macvim.org/wiki/VimPatches/ATSUI seems to
      > > work for me. I'd love to see it committed.
      >
      > Just a quick note, this patch might be a bit out of sync with current
      > vim code. Bram, if you'd like to merge this, please let me know, I can
      > provide an updated one.
      >
      > (Interestingly, macports even remove this patch in their ports because
      > it's out of sync..)

      Well, if this patch works well and can be included in the current
      version without much work, we might as well do that. Waiting for the
      Cocoa implementation to be ready for day to day use would take longer,
      right?

      There is a note in the todo list about an unfinished patch, it has been
      so long ago that people probably forgot about it:

      Awaiting updated patches:
      9 Mac unicode patch (Da Woon Jung, Eckehard Berns):
      8 Add patch from Muraoka Taro (Mar 16) to support input method on Mac?
      New patch 2004 Jun 16
      - selecting proportional font breaks display
      - UTF-8 text causes display problems. Font replacement causes this.
      - Command-key mappings do not work. (Alan Schmitt)
      - With 'nopaste' pasting is wrong, with 'paste' Command-V doesn't work.
      (Alan Schmitt)
      - remove 'macatsui' option when this has been fixed.
      - when 'macatsui' is off should we always convert to "macroman" and ignore
      'termencoding'?

      --
      FATHER: You killed eight wedding guests in all!
      LAUNCELOT: Er, Well ... the thing is ... I thought your son was a lady.