atsui

  • Noah Levitt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2007
      Hello,

      Using mac os x carbon vim, I experience the same buggy behavior
      described here: http://bike-nomad.com/vim/macatsuibug.html

      Basically, with macatsui set, unicode characters work properly, but
      antialiasing doesn't work and it looks ugly. With macatsui unset,
      antialiasing works, but unicode characters don't.

      The patch at http://wiki.macvim.org/wiki/VimPatches/ATSUI seems to
      work for me. I'd love to see it committed.

      Noah

    • Jjgod Jiang
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2007
        Hi,

        2007/9/16, Noah Levitt <nlevitt@...>:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Using mac os x carbon vim, I experience the same buggy behavior
        > described here: http://bike-nomad.com/vim/macatsuibug.html
        >
        > Basically, with macatsui set, unicode characters work properly, but
        > antialiasing doesn't work and it looks ugly. With macatsui unset,
        > antialiasing works, but unicode characters don't.
        >
        > The patch at http://wiki.macvim.org/wiki/VimPatches/ATSUI seems to
        > work for me. I'd love to see it committed.

        Just a quick note, this patch might be a bit out of sync with current
        vim code. Bram, if you'd like to merge this, please let me know, I can
        provide an updated one.

        (Interestingly, macports even remove this patch in their ports because
        it's out of sync..)

        - Jiang

      • Noah Levitt
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2007
          It applied for me against the source from svn, though apparently hunk
          #7 is fuzzy.

          In case it's useful, attached is "svn diff" after applying.

          Noah

          $ patch -p0 < atsui.patch
          patching file vim.h
          patching file gui_mac.c
          Hunk #4 succeeded at 1997 (offset -6 lines).
          Hunk #5 succeeded at 2090 (offset -6 lines).
          Hunk #6 succeeded at 2922 (offset -15 lines).
          Hunk #7 succeeded at 3023 with fuzz 2 (offset -15 lines).
          Hunk #8 succeeded at 3131 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #9 succeeded at 3227 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #10 succeeded at 3255 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #11 succeeded at 3401 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #12 succeeded at 3438 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #13 succeeded at 3502 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #14 succeeded at 3560 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #15 succeeded at 3631 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #16 succeeded at 3667 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #17 succeeded at 4054 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #18 succeeded at 4092 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #19 succeeded at 4219 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #20 succeeded at 4457 (offset -22 lines).
          Hunk #21 succeeded at 6261 (offset -21 lines).
          Hunk #22 succeeded at 6273 (offset -21 lines).
          Hunk #23 succeeded at 6402 (offset -21 lines).

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16, 2007
            Jjgod Jiang wrote:

            > 2007/9/16, Noah Levitt <nlevitt@...>:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > Using mac os x carbon vim, I experience the same buggy behavior
            > > described here: http://bike-nomad.com/vim/macatsuibug.html
            > >
            > > Basically, with macatsui set, unicode characters work properly, but
            > > antialiasing doesn't work and it looks ugly. With macatsui unset,
            > > antialiasing works, but unicode characters don't.
            > >
            > > The patch at http://wiki.macvim.org/wiki/VimPatches/ATSUI seems to
            > > work for me. I'd love to see it committed.
            >
            > Just a quick note, this patch might be a bit out of sync with current
            > vim code. Bram, if you'd like to merge this, please let me know, I can
            > provide an updated one.
            >
            > (Interestingly, macports even remove this patch in their ports because
            > it's out of sync..)

            Well, if this patch works well and can be included in the current
            version without much work, we might as well do that. Waiting for the
            Cocoa implementation to be ready for day to day use would take longer,
            right?

            There is a note in the todo list about an unfinished patch, it has been
            so long ago that people probably forgot about it:

            Awaiting updated patches:
            9 Mac unicode patch (Da Woon Jung, Eckehard Berns):
            8 Add patch from Muraoka Taro (Mar 16) to support input method on Mac?
            New patch 2004 Jun 16
            - selecting proportional font breaks display
            - UTF-8 text causes display problems. Font replacement causes this.
            - Command-key mappings do not work. (Alan Schmitt)
            - With 'nopaste' pasting is wrong, with 'paste' Command-V doesn't work.
            (Alan Schmitt)
            - remove 'macatsui' option when this has been fixed.
            - when 'macatsui' is off should we always convert to "macroman" and ignore
            'termencoding'?

            --
            FATHER: You killed eight wedding guests in all!
            LAUNCELOT: Er, Well ... the thing is ... I thought your son was a lady.