Re: windows native small iconv

  • Yukihiro Nakadaira
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Yukihiro Nakadaira wrote:
      >
      >> http://yukihiro.nakadaira.googlepages.com/win_iconv.zip
      >>
      >> This is an iconv library implemented with Win32 API.
      >> Conversion with Win32 API and libiconv.dll are supported.
      >
      > That is great. So the libintl.dll from this Zip archive can directly
      > replace the libintl.dll that is included in the Vim runtime directory,
      > right? Without the need for any other shared libraries?

      Yes, it is. It does not depends on any other DLL.

      > A few suggestions:
      >
      > Please mention what sources you used to generate the libraries. They
      > are probably GPL'ed, thus you must provide the sources. And mention
      > the license.

      I added the source of gettext to archive. And mentioned to the license
      in readme.txt.

      > I assume you wrote win_iconv.c yourself. Then you should mention the
      > copyright at the start of the file. Otherwise the implied copyright
      > protection means that nobody can distribute this. So I would not be
      > able to include it in the Vim distribution. You can use the Vim license
      > to make it simpler for me. Or use the Apache license, many people
      > recommend it.

      I selected the public domain. But I will change the license if the
      public domain is considered cause of trouble.

      > It would be good to add a way to test this. I assume you did a few
      > manual tests yourself, but doing "make test" to verify that everything
      > works as expected gives us much more confidence that it really works.
      > Especially if someone makes a few changes later.

      I will write test as soon as possible.

      Thank you for your suggestions.