Re: Problems with polish characters in VIM

  • Krzysztof Maj
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2007
      On 2007-08-29, at 08:38, Nico Weber wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      >> I just compiled VIM 7.1.68 on my Mac Tiger platform. Everything
      >> work great, but I cannot force it to accept polish keyboard
      >> anymore. I tried many things, changing terminal options, fonts etc
      >> and nothing. My .gvimrc file:
      >
      > as Tony said, you need to configure with --enable-multibyte. This
      > option works for me...where did you get your source from?

      Well I get the source from the official VIM site AFAIK. Maybe I
      should to try once again or get the newer minor release. I am using
      svn to get the source from the repository:

      mkrzychs-computer:~/bin mkrzych$ more getvimsource
      cd ~/Downled/Source/ && svn co https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/
      svnroot/vim/vim7

      Version 7.1.68 does not compile with multibyte option on my Mac Tiger
      10.4.10.

      Pozdrawiam,
      --
      Krzysztof Maj, JNCIP-M/T
      I'm a M@c, are you still a PC?
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2007
        On 2007-08-29, at 08:26, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

        > Oh, and by the way, the latest patchlevel is now 87. See
        > http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.1/README for details.

        Eureka! I just compiled .87 patchlevel sources and everything works
        fine now.
        Thanks a lot guys!

        Cheers,
        --