Re: Accented chars in menus are "Invalid" using GTK2 on Solaris

  • Laurent Blume
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2007
      Bram Moolenaar a écrit :
      [snip]
      > The ":menu File" output should be correct. If it isn't then there
      > already was a problem at this point. You don't set 'encoding' anywhere,
      > hopefully. If you change 'encoding' after loading the menus then things
      > will fail. Try: ":verbose set encoding?".

      Yes, that's it. I added the set encoding=utf-8 and set
      fileencoding=utf-8 at the bottom of .vimrc some time ago, and since I
      didn't notice immediately the change in the menus, I didn't make the
      relation.
      Obviously, it should have been at the top: it now works fine.
      My apologies for bothering you with that, and thank you very much for
      your help. I'll continue beta-testing happily!

      Laurent