:print command shows multibyte character with wrong color.

  • Yukihiro Nakadaira
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2007
      :print command shows multibyte character preceded by Tab with same color
      as Tab. To reset attribute for multibyte character is forgotten.
      It seems that the current code intend to show multibyte character always
      with normal color. So I think that attribute can be omitted.

      *** message.c.orig Thu Jan 11 22:53:19 2007
      --- message.c Thu Jan 11 22:53:19 2007
      ***************
      *** 1595,1601 ****
      col += (*mb_ptr2cells)(s);
      mch_memmove(buf, s, (size_t)l);
      buf[l] = NUL;
      ! msg_puts_attr(buf, attr);
      s += l;
      continue;
      }
      --- 1595,1601 ----
      col += (*mb_ptr2cells)(s);
      mch_memmove(buf, s, (size_t)l);
      buf[l] = NUL;
      ! msg_puts(buf);
      s += l;
      continue;
      }

      And I wonder why ^I or <hex> formed special character is shown with
      normal color. Does the following line can be added?

      *** message.c.orig Thu Jan 11 22:53:19 2007
      --- message.c Thu Jan 11 22:53:19 2007
      ***************
      *** 1635,1640 ****
      --- 1635,1641 ----
      p_extra = transchar_byte(c);
      c_extra = NUL;
      c = *p_extra++;
      + attr = hl_attr(HLF_8);
      }
      else if (c == ' ' && trail != NULL && s > trail)
      {

    • A.J.Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2007
        Yukihiro Nakadaira wrote:
        > :print command shows multibyte character preceded by Tab with same color
        > as Tab. To reset attribute for multibyte character is forgotten.
        > It seems that the current code intend to show multibyte character always
        > with normal color. So I think that attribute can be omitted.

        Yes, at the moment I see multibyte chars (between tabs) in blue if 'list' is
        on and 'listchars' includes a "tab:" part. If 'list' is off, or if 'listchars'
        does not include "tab:", the same multibyte chars are in black (using the
        default GUI colors).

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2007
          Yukihiro Nakadaira wrote:

          > :print command shows multibyte character preceded by Tab with same color
          > as Tab. To reset attribute for multibyte character is forgotten.
          > It seems that the current code intend to show multibyte character always
          > with normal color. So I think that attribute can be omitted.

          Yes, that is a good fix.

          > And I wonder why ^I or <hex> formed special character is shown with
          > normal color. Does the following line can be added?

          This will make it clear what is literal text and what is translated. I
          suppose this will be an improvement.

          11. Specify that your drive-through order is "to go".