Some problem about utf-8 on win32

  • ocean
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2006
      When I set encoding to utf-8 and let $lang zh_CN.UTF-8, the tooltips
      can't display correctly and the popup menu on tabpage also. I found
      the problem is that the tool tips is utf-8 encoding, it should be
      translated to active codepage encoding.
    • A.J.Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2006
        ocean wrote:
        > When I set encoding to utf-8 and let $lang zh_CN.UTF-8, the tooltips
        > can't display correctly and the popup menu on tabpage also. I found
        > the problem is that the tool tips is utf-8 encoding, it should be
        > translated to active codepage encoding.

        I may be wrong, but I think this problem was addressed by a recent bugfix.
        Which version and patchlevel are you using? (See the first five lines from the
        output of ":version"; and if there is no line starting "Included patches:" it
        means you are at patchlevel zero (no patches included).

        See at http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.0/README a one-line summary of
        every bugfix published so far for Vim 7.0.

        For Windows, you can get an "updated" distribution at
        https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43866&package_id=39721
        -- see the "release notes" for the corresponding ":version" listing.

        If you want something even more recent, or a different choice of features, you
        can compile Vim yourself, see (for Windows)
        http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm

      • ocean
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006
          Thanks. I have solved the problem.