Re: keymap: kana.vim

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
      Edward L. Fox wrote:

      On 4/29/06, Edward L. Fox <edyfox@...> wrote:
      > Hi Bram,
      >
      > Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
      > original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
      > wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
      > work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
      > this file in the newest release of Vim7?
      >
      > Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)

      I can include this. Should there also be files for other encodings?

      --
      Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely
      locked.

    • Edward L. Fox
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006

        > Edward L. Fox wrote:
        >
        > On 4/29/06, Edward L. Fox <edyfox@...> wrote:
        > > Hi Bram,
        > >
        > > Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
        > > original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
        > > wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
        > > work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
        > > this file in the newest release of Vim7?
        > >
        > > Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)
        >
        > I can include this. Should there also be files for other encodings?

        No. This script is written in utf-8 so Vim is able to transform it
        into any supported encodings. I tested under shift-jis, gbk and utf-8,
        it works properly in all situations.