keymap: kana.vim

  • Edward L. Fox
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2006
      Hi Bram,

      Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
      original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
      wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
      work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
      this file in the newest release of Vim7?

      Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)

      Regards,

      Edward L. Fox
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
        Edward L. Fox wrote:

        On 4/29/06, Edward L. Fox <edyfox@...> wrote:
        > Hi Bram,
        >
        > Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
        > original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
        > wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
        > work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
        > this file in the newest release of Vim7?
        >
        > Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)

        I can include this. Should there also be files for other encodings?

        --
        Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely
        locked.

      • Edward L. Fox
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006

          > Edward L. Fox wrote:
          >
          > On 4/29/06, Edward L. Fox <edyfox@...> wrote:
          > > Hi Bram,
          > >
          > > Here is a keymap script for inputing Japanese KaNa(s) inside Vim. The
          > > original version of this keymap only works under UTF-8 encoding. So I
          > > wrote a short script and transformed the file format so now it can
          > > work properly under most of the Asian encodings now. Can you include
          > > this file in the newest release of Vim7?
          > >
          > > Also show a great respect to the original author of this keymap. :-)
          >
          > I can include this. Should there also be files for other encodings?

          No. This script is written in utf-8 so Vim is able to transform it
          into any supported encodings. I tested under shift-jis, gbk and utf-8,
          it works properly in all situations.