a 'foldmarker' problem with mb

  • MURAOKA Taro
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hello Bram and the list.

      I have received a report from a Japanese vim user. It describes about a
      'foldmarker' problem under multibyte environment. Overview of the
      problem is that fold don't be created when a character which be able to
      appear as trail byte of multibyte-character, is used in 'foldmarker'.

      Setting example to represent the problem is:
      set foldmethod=marker foldmarker={,}
      (Character '}' appears as trail byte of multibyte-character in CP932
      encoding.)

      I wrote attached patch to fix this problem. Please check it.

      Regards.
      --
      MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        Taro Muraoka wrote:

        > Hello Bram and the list.
        >
        > I have received a report from a Japanese vim user. It describes about a
        > 'foldmarker' problem under multibyte environment. Overview of the
        > problem is that fold don't be created when a character which be able to
        > appear as trail byte of multibyte-character, is used in 'foldmarker'.
        >
        > Setting example to represent the problem is:
        > set foldmethod=marker foldmarker={,}
        > (Character '}' appears as trail byte of multibyte-character in CP932
        > encoding.)
        >
        > I wrote attached patch to fix this problem. Please check it.

        Thanks, I'll include this in Vim 7. We can use mb_ptr_adv() to avoid
        the #ifdefs.