Re: gvim crash when using UTF-8 locale and paste text from Windows clipboard

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 23, 2005
      Rainux -

      > Hi Bram, recently I use MSVC 6.0 to compile Vim, and found Vim 6.4
      > will not crash when try to display some UTF-8 encoded Chinese message.
      > Both GCC 3.4.4 in Cygwin and MSVC 5.0 (you use it compile the
      > "official build", don't you?) compiled Vim 6.4 will crash on this
      > case.
      >
      > But Vim 7.0aa already fixed this "bug" (I've tested above version
      > 7.0149), use GCC to compile is OK. And, Vim 7 can correctly hand the
      > Chinese file name on zh_CN.UTF-8 locale now. (Vim 6.4 can't)
      >
      > So, I want to suggest you use the recent version of MSVC to compile
      > the "official build" if possible, thanks.

      I plan to switch to the free compiler that MS distributes. But I need
      to make sure there are no legal problems and find a way to debug the
      resulting program.

      - Bram

      --
      "Hit any key to continue" it said, but nothing happened after F sharp.

    • Rainux
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 23, 2005
        The free Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 do not contain platform SDK,
        therefor, you should get the newer .lib and .h files another way ;)

        I've used Visual C++ 2003 (the compiler and the one in the Visual C++
        Toolkit 2003 is just the same) to compile Vim for some days, and it
        seems work fine.

        Gdb can be used as debugger in Win32 too.

        --
        Goddess light my path!