Re: "breakat" non-English chars when set linebreak and wrap

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2005
      Camillo Särs wrote:

      > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > > Anyway, using a regexp here will certainly slow down processing.
      > > Currently a 256-entry lookup table is used to speedup processing. That
      > > won't work for multi-byte characters...
      >
      > Do you keep the unicode charater properties in memory somewhere? In
      > that case you might want to consider doing a lookup in that table
      > instead. Actually, I believe that that's the only "right" solution that
      > would work reasonably correctly under any language.

      There are a few properties of Unicode characters that Vim knows, such as
      the cell width and upper/lower case. But that a sequence of characters
      can be wrapped at any point isn't in there. The rough separation in
      latin1 and non-latin1 characters is sufficient for when mixing Asian
      text with English. Perhaps that's sufficient for most people.

      120. You ask a friend, "What's that big shiny thing?" He says, "It's the sun."