[vim-multibyte] Re: Unicode and ViM or other editors?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19 2:11 AM
      Rick Rodgers wrote:

      > I am stydying Unicode, and am very eager to find tools that will
      > handle it, to run under SPARC/Solaris/gcc on my UltraSPARC machine.
      > There is an editor called yudit which I am still trying to build.
      > I was very intrigued by a screenshot at the ViM web site entitled
      > "Gvim and Unicode":
      >
      > http://www.vim.org/pics/vim.nam.jpg
      >
      > which clearly shows asian fonts in use. I am cc'ing this note to the
      > creator of this image. What is the current state of Unicode and ViM?
      > Are there any other tools available for my platform? Thanks in advance
      > for any helpful remarks...

      Unicode support is planned for Vim version 6.0. In Vim 5.x there is
      double-byte support, which can be used for encodings that have a font with
      double-width characters. Thus the current multi-byte support is rather
      limited and doesn't work for Unicode yet.

      169. You hire a housekeeper for your home page.