Re: Second part of character disappears

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2004
      On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 04:24:25PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > > Hi when moving the cursor left to right over a characters which takes up 2
      > > character spaces the second part of the character disappears. It only
      > > reappears when I go over the character second time right to left
      > >
      > > Why is this? How do I fix it?
      >
      > What version of Vim?
      > What is 'encoding' set to?
      > Console or GUI?
      > What font?

      I've seen this. In MS_Mincho, try entering "Ⅻ" (U+216B). It'll draw the
      whole character--larger than one cell--but think the character is single-
      width, causing minor artifacting.

      Setting ambiwidth=double fixes this, but may introduce the opposite
      problem of extra space, though that probably wouldn't result in artifacts
      (it'd just be ugly). A better solution would be to query the width of
      characters, to use the correct width for each. I suppose it would take
      some work to do that without introducing speed problems (generating a
      new ambiguous[] in utf_char2cells, I guess).

      (I'm still on 6.2; I havn't checked with 6.3.)