Problem with Apple terminal and UTF-8

  • Julien Palmas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2004
      Hi list,

      I've also posted this message on the vim-mac list because it concerns
      Terminal.app application from Apple and UTF-8 encoding.
      When i set my terminal to UTF-8, and in vim i do :set encoding=utf-8
      and :set termencoding=utf-8, i don't get the right characters for "é"
      and stuff.
      but, if i set my Terminal.app with ISO latin1, and vim with :set
      encoding=utf-8 and :set termencoding=latin1, i get good results.

      I don't think this is normal.

      can someone tell me what's wrong ?

      thanks
      julien

      I am using Mac OS 10.3.3 on a powerbook, french keyboard, vim 6.1 from
      Fink