Re: vim print bug

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 11:40 AM
      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      > Gamal Hegazi wrote:
      >
      > > I am using vim version 6.2 with Arabic Support. It works fine and
      > > I can type Arabic text but I cannot get it to print. I tried to
      > > use :ha >file1.ps and then print that file using 'lp file1.ps' but
      > > the page comes out empty. Also if I use ghostview I can't see any
      > > of the Arabic letters, only ?'s. Is there a way to print the
      > > Arabic text from vim? Thanks,
      >
      > Printing multi-byte characters currently doesn't work. If the
      > characters can be mapped to a single-byte character set you can try
      > setting 'printencoding'.
      >
      > There is a patch to support multi-byte printing, made by Mike
      > Williams.
      > It is not available officially yet. You can find it here:

      > Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks.
      >
      > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net
      > \\\ /// Sponsor Vim, vote for features --
      > http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\ \\\ Project leader for
      > A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org /// \\\ Help AIDS victims, buy
      > here: http://ICCF-Holland.org/click1.html ///

      I know some people will howl me up a tree for this, but in the meantime (if,
      for instance, you don't have access to a compiler), you can write the file
      (or part of file) to be printed as a Unicode document, then print it in a
      program which can print Arabic. In Windows, for instance, WordPad can read
      utf-8 with BOM (i.e. set encoding=utf8 | setlocal fileencoding=utf8 bomb)
      and it can print Arabic using much more beautiful fonts than gvim's Courier.

      Regards,
      Tony