Re: jvr

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2004
      bram@... wrote:
      > The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII encoding and has
      > been sent as a binary attachment.

      - There was no attachment

      - This message bills itself as sent by Bram -at- moolenaar.net and as
      originating at moolenaar.net but actually it was sent from gw3.infineon.com
      [12.36.118.4] connectng directly to foobar.math.fu-berlin.de. Normally there
      should have been at least one more "Received" header (from the originator to
      his ISP's SMTP server) before that from foobar.math (before in time, i.e.,
      below in header text sequence). There wasn't.

      - Such a text message with hardly any content is rather harmless but
      the same tactics could be used to send any kind of spam (well, of pure-text
      spam, since the mailing list server blocks HTML) to the whole Vim list. I
      think we should take this as a warning.

      Regards,