Vim sponsorship and voting for features

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2004
      Fixing bugs and adding new features takes a lot of effort. For the past
      two years I have attempted to do this next to a full-time job. During
      that time the todo list kept getting longer and longer.

      I have thought about various solutions. I have decided to ask Vim users
      to sponsor my work on Vim. Through donations I will be able to have a
      part-time job and spend much more time on Vim, fixing bugs and adding
      new features.

      If you want to sponsor my work on Vim, please visit the new sponsor
      pages on the Vim web site:

      http://www.vim.org/sponsor/

      To give something back to the people who make a donation, they will be
      able to vote for new features. This is how it works:

      1. You make a donation of at least 10 euro.

      2. You will be e-mailed a sponsor key. Enter this key on your account
      page on the Vim website. You can easily create an account if you
      don't have one yet.

      3. You can enter your votes on the voting page, only available for
      sponsors who have entered their sponsor key. The more you donate
      the more your votes count.

      4. The voting results appear on the results page. It is visible for
      everybody: http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php

      5. If you make a donation of 100 euro or more your name appears on the
      Vim sponsors list (if you enable this on your account page).

      More information can be found in the FAQ:

      http://www.vim.org/sponsor/faq.php

      The sponsor pages have been made with PHP and MySQL. If something looks
      wrong, let me know.

      Happy Vimming!

      159. You get excited whenever discussing your hard drive.