916RE: Editing files with native characters in their names?

  • Ron Aaron
    May 5, 2003

      > > If there is something we can do about this? Thank you.
      >
      > Hmm, does this mean we need to convert between wide
      > characters and utf-8
      > for all the functions that use file names?
      >
      > I thought this already worked, since I fixed a few things for
      > Asian file
      > names in the past. But perhaps it only works for DBCS, not for utf-8?

      I just verified this on XP.

      If you drag such a file to vim, it comes up as ???? instead of the file name.

      If you do :e and try tab-completion, the file does not show up in the list of matches.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic