879Encoding in quickfix window?

  • Valery Kondakoff
    Apr 3, 2003
      Hello, people at vim-multibyte list!

      Ah! Another encoding-related problem: the 'right' encoding is not set
      in 'quickfix' window.

      There is an example: I was using grep to search text in files, that
      contain text in cp1251 encoding. Then I'm opening quickfix window
      (:copen) and see garbage instead of Russian characters.

      There is a screenshot, that illustrates the problem (~20k): the bottom
      window is the quickfix widow and the top window is just a the same
      grep output redirected to a file and opened in GVim as a text file.
      ('set fenc?' returns 'cp1251' in quickfix window).

      http://www.nbk.orc.ru/temp/qf.png

      How can I set quickfix to display characters in cp1251?

      Here are my settings (I'm using GVim 6.1.423, WinXP Pro):

      set encoding=utf-8
      set fileencoding=cp1251
      set fileencodings=cp1251,cp866,koi8-r
      set guifont=courier_new:h11