876Re: Problem with printing files (:hardcopy)

    Mar 31, 2003
      Valery Kondakoff <strauss@...> wrote:
      > Hello, all!
      >
      > Today I tried to print a text, containing Russian characters from
      > GVIM using ':hardcopy' command and all the Russian charecters were
      > printed as garbage - exactly as they were pasted to/from system
      > clipboard before applying recent clipboard patch.
      >
      > What is this? Another multibyte bug or lack of experience from my
      > side?
      >
      > I'm using GVIM 6.1.423, WinXP Pro. There are my language-related
      > settings:
      >
      > > 8<======================<start>======================>8<
      > set encoding=utf-8
      > set fileencoding=cp1251
      > set fileencodings=cp1251,cp866,koi8-r
      > set guifont=courier_new:h11
      > set keymap=russian-jcukenwin
      > > 8<=======================<end>=======================>8<
      >
      > Thank you!
      >
      > --
      > Best regards,
      > Valery Kondakoff
      > http://www.nbk.orc.ru (Ne Bey Kopytom)
      > http://www.nbk.orc.ru/mtb (MTB riding in Moscow)
      >
      > PGP key:
      > mailto:pgp-public-keys@...?subject=GET%20strauss@...
      >
      > np: The Cure - Watching Me Fall (Bloodflowers)

      Maybe you should set the 'printfont' option to some font that has the glyphs
      you want to print. (The default, it is said, is Courier:h10). Or else it
      could be something overlooked in the CF_TEXT vs CF_UNICODETEXT programming.

      Warning:
      :let &pfn=&gfn
      ought to work, but
      :set printfont=*