822Re: clipboard for win9x

    Mar 13, 2003
      On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:34:11AM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > > So, do we ever get CF_TEXT in 95? The recent Notepad problems seem to
      > > indicate that we do. Can someone confirm this by copying "Latín tëxt"
      > > into Vim on a 95 box with "encoding" set to UTF-8? I expect that
      > > you'll see "Lat<ed>n t<eb>xt". (You don't need this patch to test this,
      > > just CVS, though I'm still looking for someone to test it in 95.)

      Since somebody confirmed this problem, I have code written to handle the
      other end of the conversion (converting CF_TEXT properly when pasting).
      I'll post it (combined with the last patch, converting copying) once I
      test it some more.

      Unless you'd rather apply the current (more important) fix first. After
      all, this problem has existed for a long time, so we don't necessarily
      have to fix them together. Do you want to wait to finish the copying
      fix and let that sit in CVS for a while before bothering with pasting?

      > Didn't we have this discussion before? The CF_TEXT text can
      > theoretically be any encoding. But it's probably the currently active
      > codepage. Thus converting from that codepage to 'encoding' would work
      > in most situations.

      I don't recall. We might have settled on "maybe what we're doing is
      valid and maybe not, but UTF-8 pasting between Vims is more important
      anyway".

      Anyway, as you said, since the stumbling block of cross-Vim pasting is gone
      this doesn't matter now. We can deal with CF_TEXT in ANSI now without
      lossage.