808Re: clipboard for win9x

    Mar 6, 2003
      Glenn Maynard wrote:

      > > The correct thing to do is to make sure the CF_UNICODE is correct
      > > always, and the CF_TEXT is ANSI so Windows doesn't muck with it.
      > > When we have multiple languages in the text and try to ANSIfy it, we
      > > will have a problem ... but there is nothing to do about it.
      >
      > This is what my patch already does, except that it doesn't set
      > CF_UNICODETEXT if CF_TEXT is lossless (which it would not be in
      > the above cases). Have you tried it?

      I'm wondering if we can really omit CF_UNICODETEXT. It's unclear what
      encoding CF_TEXT should use. The active code page? Any 8-bit encoding
      that the file happens to contain? And even when MS specifies something,
      do applications really implement it correctly?

      Using CF_UNICODETEXT has the advantage that there can be no confusion
      about the encoding, thus every application that uses it (like Vim) will
      copy/paste correctly.

      --
      BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.