794Re: Win32 clipboard and pasting unicode from other apps

    Feb 6 3:48 PM
      Glenn Maynard wrote:

      > > Can you check the changes for enc_codepage and send me a patch again?
      > > Preferably against the current version with the Unicode clipboard patch
      > > included.
      >
      > I'll run over it and send it again. It'd be easiest if you could commit
      > the clipboard patch to CVS, so I can diff from there.

      That has a catch 42 problem: I would like to test the whole thing before
      sending the patch into the world.

      > > I'm actually more worried about plain mistakes in the code. I did some
      > > cleaning up and could not test it all.
      >
      > I got it to apply (along with the strlen fix), and it's worked in a few
      > cursory tests (copying and pasting JP text with enc=utf-8 and enc=cp932).
      > I suspect you'll want more testing in 9x, which I can't do here ...

      I didn't change the way it handles the clipboard. It's mostly the
      various conversions that need to be checked, including iconv().

      156. You forget your friend's name but not her e-mail address.