779Re: Please add "big5-hkscs" charset support to vim

  • Anthony Fok
    Dec 31, 2002
      On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 05:56:15PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > I suspect that "big5" and "big5-hkscs" are slightly different, otherwise
      > there would not be a different name. Handling it mostly like big5 might
      > mostly work, but cause subtle problems in some cases. Isn't there a
      > better solution?

      Oh, BTW, if you don't mind, could you please describe the "subtle problems"?
      I am not familiar with VIM's i18n processing, and I was just glad that just
      adding a small like made VIM recognizes "big5-hkscs", and made it worked
      quite well on Linux.

      If the problems are real, we could make an DBCS_ZHH (for ZHongwen Hong kong;
      that appears to be what Windows or WINE uses), but we will likely define it
      to be 950 too (i.e. same as DBCS_CHT), or perhaps 951, depending on how what
      Windows actually uses for Big5-HKSCS.

      Cheers,

      Anthony

      --