740Re: add multibyte support for hardcopy

  • Nam SungHyun
    Nov 4, 2002
      On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:22:47 +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Namsh wrote:

      > > Currently I can see the ps file using
      > > {"Gulim", "Gulim-Bold",
      > > "Gulim-Oblique", "Gulim-BoldOblique"},
      > >
      > > There's a free truetype fonts (baekmuk-ttf) package.
      > > (ftp://ftp.mizi.co.kr/pub/baekmuk)
      > > So, how about use such a name for EUC-KR?
      >
      > That is one of the problems to be solved: How to select the printer
      > fonts. We need a good mechanism for this. And then defaults that work
      > for most people.

      I think user can print using 'gs' if he can see it using 'gs'.
      I guess it means no need to know about printer fonts.

      At least, I can print ps file (including those generated by vim)
      using ghostscript.

      inf="$1"
      outf=tmp.lj
      gs -q -dSAFER -sDEVICE=ljet4 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -r600 -dNOPAUSE \
      -sOutputFile=${outf} ${inf} -c quit
      lpr -h ${outf}

      regards,
      namsh