738Re: add multibyte support for hardcopy

  • Nam SungHyun
    Nov 3, 2002
      On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 23:19:51 +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Motonobu Ichimura wrote:
      >
      > > :hardcopy doesn't support multibyte characters,
      > > so I wrote a patch to support it.
      > >
      > > Currently this patch (can apply from 6.0 to 6.1.247) enables
      > >
      > > Japanese EUC-JP
      > > Japanese SJIS
      > > Korean EUC-KR
      > > Chinese Big5
      > > Chinese GB2312
      > >
      > > codeset to print PS file. (PS fontnames are hardcoded yet.)
      > >
      > > some screenshots (output ps file using :hardcopy and view with gv)
      > > are available at
      > >
      > > http://www.momonga-linux.org/~famao/vim/
      >
      > Thanks for making this patch. I'll await comments.

      Very good.
      But I could not see generated ps file because I have no
      MingMT-.. and SMGothic-.. fonts.

      Currently I can see the ps file using
      {"Gulim", "Gulim-Bold",
      "Gulim-Oblique", "Gulim-BoldOblique"},

      There's a free truetype fonts (baekmuk-ttf) package.
      (ftp://ftp.mizi.co.kr/pub/baekmuk)
      So, how about use such a name for EUC-KR?
      (ex. fontconfig (XFree86 4.2.x) also use the name from Baekmuk.)
      Or at lease, let user select the fonts.

      Regards,
      namsh
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic