453Re: cursor width on gtk

    Jul 11, 2001
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

      > >> Hello vim-multibyte and bram.
      > >>
      > >> this is a small fix for cursor width on gtk.
      > >
      > >Could you please explain this? It looks like a longer string gets a width
      > >of just the first character. And why does nothing have to be changed for
      > >UTF-8?
      >
      > Could you get my second patch?
      > (By way of precaution, it sends again.)

      No, nothing was attached.

      > if string include euc-jp half character,
      > the "width" will be large more than "len".
      > so cursor width of there will be double width.

      I suspect the problem would then be that the caller has made a mistake, and it
      will also be wrong for other GUIs. Could you please explain how to reproduce
      the problem you noticed?

      181. You make up words that go with the "happy tune" your modem makes
      while dialing your ISP.