444Re: [60am,mb] visual selection is not drawn correctly

    Jul 4, 2001
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

      > Hmm,
      > Is this not actual area but the area which may influence?
      > That is right if this is right.

      I think that's the best thing to do here. It's not possible to highlight half
      a character. It's not possible to delete or yank half a character either.

      > but do_put doesn't work correctly. X-(
      > if it need inserting visual selected area and
      > it located between two multibyte string,
      > pasted text need shifting left.
      >
      > this is a patch.
      >
      > please check this.

      I can see the problem with UTF-8 as well.

      I think there is some confusion of screen cells and bytes here. I'll look
      into it.

      --
      @:-() Elvis Presley