392Re: XIM input status in vim6.0 [test patch]

    Apr 20, 2001
      Steven Mueller wrote:

      > I decided to look into setting up a vim variable v:preediting
      > (probably not the best of names...). Getting this working wasn't
      > difficult, but I can't seem to get the status line to refresh when
      > preedit mode is activated or deactivated.

      Thanks for looking into this. I'm not sure if using a v: variable for this is
      the best choice, but we can think about that later.

      You seem to be calling all the right functions. Perhaps it's a matter of
      calling out_flush() to get the text onto the screen? That might be needed,
      since Vim is waiting for characters and the functions are callbacks, thus we
      don't go through the normal loop that updates the screen.

      > Bram: how does this patch look to you? If you could point me in the
      > right direction for getting the status line to refresh properly, I'd
      > be greatly appreciative. I'm also open to suggestions on the name of
      > the added v:variable. I don't know if I'll be able to get very far on
      > any of the other suggestions I made, but I'll look into the cursor
      > change possibility.

      I think that setting 'statusline' to be able to see the XIM mode is a bit
      complicated for most people. But when this works we could find a simpler way.
      Either by adding it to the default status line, or showing it in another way.

      --
      Ten bugs in the hand is better than one as yet undetected.