360Re: Switching XIM on and off

  • Nam SungHyun
    Mar 8, 2001
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Sung-Hyun Nam wrote:
      >
      > > Unix :
      > [...]
      > > I believe VIM cannot set 'Native language' or 'English' Mode.
      > > VIM only can do 'enable' or 'disable' XIM. and user set language
      > > mode manually. Well, in my case, when XIM enabled, it enters to
      > > previous language mode. But, I think it's not the same
      > > situation in Windows (Origin and English mode).
      >
      > When the XIM is disabled, this means you can type English, right?
      > Thus isn't switching the XIM on/off nearly equal to switching between
      > English and language mode?

      When the XIM is disabled, VIM got a character from the X(?).
      When the XIM is enabled, user can select language mode.
      And XIM handle user input and send a character to VIM both english
      character or native language.
      Because english character does not need to compose, XIM send the
      character immediately.

      regards,

      namsh
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic