Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

345Vim60v XIM problems

Expand Messages
  • Takuhiro Nishioka
    Feb 13, 2001
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello,

      I've noticed 2 XIM problems on Vim60v. Just report, not
      investigated enough.

      Environment:

      OS: FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE
      iconv: libiconv 1.5.1
      Vim: GTK GUI version Vim 6.0v
      Vim Settings:

      set encoding=UTF-8
      set fileencodings=ISO-2022-JP,US-ASCII,EUC-JP,Shift_JIS
      set termencoding=EUC-JP
      set guifont=-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--18-120-100-100-c-90-iso10646-1
      set guifontwide=-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-ja-18-120-100-100-c-180-iso10646-1

      1. Inserting a Japanese character isn't handled correctly.

      This is similar problem, that I've reported before to
      Bram. When I preedit one Japanese character, then to fix
      preediting, pressing <Enter> key doesn't work. Hitting
      <Enter> key 2 or 3 times, I could fix the preediting
      process but an unknown character is inserted instead of
      the Japanese character. And there happens some strange
      behavior. After that, sometimes, inserting new characters
      erases formaly inserted some characters.

      Inserting more than 1 Japanese character works good.


      2. Inserting 3 ascii characters via XIM doesn't work correctly.

      This is the same problem, that I've reported before to
      Bram. But I'll post about this also to this mailing-list.
      When I input just 3 ascii characters via XIM. Only the
      first character is inserted, not 3 of characters. For
      example:
      abc
      preediting "abc" character. Preediting process was
      displayed correct. But when I fixed the preediting text
      by hitting <Enter> key. Then only the first character
      is inserted:
      a
      This happens just 3 ascii characters. 1, 2 and more
      than 3 is OK.

      --
      Takuhiro Nishioka mailto:takuhiro@...
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic