341Re: vim-6.0t: patch for Cygwin of Japanese Windows

  • Yasushi Higuchi
    Jan 24, 2001
      On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:40:57 +0100
      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

      >I wonder if there are more places where "#ifdef WIN32" is used should also
      >check for __CYGWIN__. Would there be a general rule?

      I don't know whether there is a general way of solving it.
      But, it has the memory of doing the check of Cygwin/Mingw32 in configure
      of bash-2.04.
      It may become a hint.

      >Perhaps it's better to use some other define for code that's used both for
      >Unix and WIN32 with the Unix Makefile. WIN32UNIX?

      Though my thought was silly, we seem to have a problem to think about still
      in relation to this.

      Many Japanese Unix users are using 'LANG=ja_JP.eucJP'.
      When those users do telnet to Cygwin, vim fixed on shift-jis is inconvenient.
      It thinks that the structure which the movement of vim changes how to
      indicate it to dynamically is necessary in accordance with LANG.

      Therefore, it may be dangerous that merge does my patch right now.
      I don't hit upon the good idea to solve this right now.
      Won't you ignore the patch until the better way of solving it is found?

      --
      Yasushi HIGUCHI (yzone@...)
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic