338Re: vim-6.0t: patch for Cygwin of Japanese Windows

    Jan 23, 2001
      Yasushi Higuchi wrote:

      > On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:16:01 +0100
      > Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      > >I assume you have used the Unix Makefile instead of Make_cyg.mak. Otherwise
      > >WIN32 would have been defined. Is there a specific reason to use the Unix
      > >Makefile? Did you try using Make_cyg.mak?
      > vim.exe made by Make_cyg.mak is pure Win32 application.
      > In other words, the virtual tty of Cygwin isn't used to use
      > Console API directly.
      > When inetd for Cygwin is used, login is done with telnet, and it
      > can't be used.
      > But, vim.exe that it was formed with Unix Makefile can be used.
      > sample screenshot:
      > http://www2.raidway.ne.jp/%7Eyzone/bin/vim60t-cygwin-telnet.jpg

      OK, so you used the Unix Makefile on purpose.

      I wonder if there are more places where "#ifdef WIN32" is used should also
      check for __CYGWIN__. Would there be a general rule?

      Perhaps it's better to use some other define for code that's used both for
      Unix and WIN32 with the Unix Makefile. WIN32UNIX?

      Never enter the boss's office unless it's absolutely necessary. Every boss
      saves one corner of the desk for useless assignments that are doled out like
      Halloween candy to each visitor.
      (Scott Adams - The Dilbert principle)