323Re: problem with font width

    Sep 30, 2000
      Shugo Maeda wrote:

      > If the width of the font for multi-byte characters is not twice
      > as much as the width of the font for single-byte characters, the
      > window gets broken on the cursor move.

      Well, the proper fix is to get a font that's really double-width.

      > I made a quick-hack patch for gui_gtk_x11.c (version 6.0h).
      > I think It's not complete but useful.

      This looks like a patch that goes into the direction of supporting
      the background isn't always redrawn correctly. Also, the same should be done
      for other GUI verions. I rather wait for a better patch.

      87. Everyone you know asks why your phone line is always busy ...and
      you tell them to send an e-mail.