2649Re: Combining characters U+035x are not supported?

    Jan 4, 2010
      Tony Mechelynck wrote:

      > On 03/01/10 03:54, Iông Chun wrote:
      > > On 2010/01/03 00:24, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > >> Why without codepoint values higher than U+FFFF? Nowadays gvim can
      > >> diplay them (which wasn't the case when I started studying Unicode
      > >> with gvim 6.x).
      > >>

      > >> Best regards,
      > >> Tony.
      > >
      > > Because:
      > > <code>
      > > struct interval
      > > {
      > > unsigned short first;
      > > unsigned short last;
      > > };
      > > </code>
      > > ;)
      > >
      > > I guess the type can be "int" instead of "unsigned short" now.
      > > The patch with all Mn and Me character ranges is attached.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Iông Chun
      > >

      > I see. I suspect other size changes may have to be done then, not only
      > where the structure is defined but possibly where it is used. I hope
      > Bram is following this whole thread.

      There is a script to generate these tables from the Unicode table.
      I think Markus Kuhn had this. But it should be easy to reproduce with
      Vim script.

      Changing all these tables from short to int makes the memory use higher.
      But adding code to handle two tables won't be much smaller.

      77. The phone company asks you to test drive their new PBX system