2621Re: Failed to drag&drop-open a file with wide-chars in its filename

  • Nico Weber
    Jun 23, 2009
      >> Windows uses NFC for filenames. I'm not sure if the Linux world
      >> settled on
      >> NFC or NFK.
      >
      > When I worked on AbiWord a few years ago Linux left filename encoding
      > up to the filesystem and the user. This may have changed since...

      I'm pretty sure it hasn't. As far as I know, for linux a filename is
      just a bunch of bytes, and you only need to know the encoding for
      lesser tasks such as file name display anyway ;-) In that case, the
      recommended way is to get the encoding from an env var.

      Nico