2609Re: [DejaVu-fonts] DejaVu Sans Mono, MacVim, Combining Diacritics

  • James Cloos
    Apr 15, 2009
      I tested that combination in my terminal (which uses DejaVu Sans Mono,
      rendered via the bytecode), which was handy.

      My version of DejaVu as installed is svn revision 2351 of
      2009-03-20T02:27:23.189619Z.

      I tried your example of U+61 with U+328 and U+301 in either order.

      When rendering U+301 before U+328 the two accents are centered on the.
      base letter. However, if U+328 precedes U+301, then U+328 is located
      at the right stem; U+301 remains centered. (The vertical placement is
      corrent in both instances.)

      Emacs has the same rendering as urxvt.

      AIUI, the UCS provides no guidance on this, but Unicode says that U+301
      has ccc="230" and U+328 has ccc="202", which means that the cannonical
      order is U+61 U+328 U+301.

      -JimC
      --
      James Cloos <cloos@...> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6