2602Re: Suggestion: Redefine \Uxxxxx in double-quoted strings

    Apr 6, 2009
      > On 6 Apr 2009, at 12:22, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >> Vim is now capable of displaying any Unicode codepoint for which the
      >> installed 'guifont' has a glyph, even outside the BMP (i.e., even
      >> above
      >> U+FFFF),
      > Tony,
      > Good news.
      > Many may not know that MacVim has been doing this rather well for
      > quite a while.
      > I routinely edit texts in Deseret Alphabet and Shaw (Shavian)
      > Alphabet, which lie in the
      > supplementary area.

      It's actually patch 7.1.116 (30-Nov-2007). So no news-breaking scoop
      anymore, but as long as Vim's support of Unicode outside the BMP was
      less than optimal, the problem I'm raising in this thread might have
      made itself felt less acutely.

      Best regards,
      Joe's sister puts spaghetti in her shoes!