2583Re: Combining diacritical marks display as separate character

  • Sven Siegmund
    Mar 12, 2009
      Hello, thanks for the details,

      On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Tony Mechelynck
      <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
      > Current versions of gvim can display (by default) two combining
      > characters on any spacing character, which is usually enough for Arabic,

      Yep, two combining marks are enough for me.

      > Which exact version and patchlevel of gvim are you using? You might want
      > to copy the first handful of lines from the output of ":version" (until
      > the line with "Features included (+) or not (-)") -- see ":help :redir"
      > about how to capture that kind of output. Also, when you type

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Aug 9 2008 18:46:22)
      MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
      Compiled by Bram@KIBAALE
      Big version with GUI.

      1

      > Also, what is your _full_ 'guifont' setting? If it ends in cANSI, I
      > think you're in trouble -- cDEFAULT is usually better IMHO.

      "unicode encoding:
      set enc=utf-8

      "set gui font
      set guifont=DejaVu_Sans_Mono:h11:cDEFAULT

      set nocompatible
      source $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim

      I explored the problem further. There is something wrong with gvim
      interpreting deadkeys of the Windows-Keyboard layout. I could not type
      "n" with combined circumflex because I tried to map the combining
      circumflex on a dead key of my windows keyboard layout. When I map the
      combining circumflex to another key it works and it gets displayed
      well in gvim.

      I will explore the problems of remapping the dead keys of the windows
      keyboard layout later. So far I could not google anything about this
      issue in gvim in Windows.

      S.