2579Re: Printing Chinese

    Dec 23, 2008
      On 24/12/08 01:20, Mansing wrote:
      > Thank Tony for the explanation and confirmation of Unicode printing
      > issue. I was using exacting the same technique (convert txt to html
      > first) to get Chinese print out. But my browser doesn't echo formfeed
      > (ctrl-L) correctly. So my 'hardcopy' (actually a pdf file via
      > cutepdf/ghostscript combo) came out with wrong page breaks. I am now
      > having two options: Correct Chinese but wrong page break (via html), or
      > the other way round (with :hardcopy). Oops, and the third one: Correct
      > Chinese and page bread but no syntax highlighting (via Notepad).
      >
      > Seasons greetings!
      > mt 081224

      Ah, I normally don't use form feeds and let the browser figure where to
      break the pages. One possible way would be to break the file into
      several documents where the pages break. (Since there is no "intrinsic"
      page break within an HTML document, the texts on my website are divided
      into one distinct HTML page per chapter.)

      Yes, and season's greetings for you too, merry Christmas, happy new
      year, or whatever you feast around the December solstice.

      Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon.
      -- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982