2479Re: Unicode conversion bug?

  • T.P.S.Nakagawa
    May 5, 2008
      Sorry, Tony.

      But I pleasure of report next thing of this problem.

      > If what you said above is exact, it's a Notepad bug: a UTF-8 BOM is
      > three bytes, a UTF-16 BOM (also used for UCS-2) is two bytes, a UTF-32

      Oh yes. I delete 2 bytes , that displayed in unix UTF-8 console.
      But by shown "od -xc" command, notepad attach 3 bytes of BOM. sorry.

      Then, I report more deep for this problem.
      Vim read UTF-8 + BOM , if fileencodings setted, allways display by UTF-8.
      so Windows Japanese version ( must display cp932 )
      so unix console setted ja_JP.eucJP.

      That's all of reason , bad display.

      I read 1 hour sources, around *p_fencs setting, but I sleeped.
      It's hard of read part of big source.

      Best regard, by yaemon.

      P.S. now, download page of libiconv is
      http://www.kikansha.jp/~yaemon/misc/libiconv